Skip to content

Villa Le Corti


Region

ItalyToscana

Farming

Organic

The history of the Le Corti farm dates back officially to 1363, the year in which the Corsini family purchased “three farms with vineyards and olive trees, an oil mill and a lords’ house” in San Casciano Val di Pesa. The choice was determined by its strategic position near Florence, by the quality of the land highly suited to agriculture and, in particular, by the presence of an oil mill for the production of oil.

At the beginning of the 17th century, Bartolomeo Corsini (1545-1613), entrusted to the painter and architect Santi di Tito (1536-1603) the project for the construction of Villa Le Corti and its cellars, the first large building wanted by the family to underline its social and political status.

Afterwards the Villa was built from the ground up; in this period the new premises used for the farm were built and, in particular, the immense cellars that unfold on three levels under the villa and the surrounding lawn: a real monument of wine history.

Since 1992 the company has been run by Duccio Corsini, son of Philip IX Prince of Sismano who, the following year, led the first harvest under the new Principe Corsini brand.

Today the farm extends over 230 hectares of which almost 50 are destined for the cultivation of the vineyard and another 63 hectares reserved for olive trees. The remaining land was deliberately left in the woods with a view to respecting the balance of the territory and biodiversity.

The main goal of Fattoria di Villa Le Corti is to produce high quality Chianti Classico, a distinctive product that is able to accurately express the territory of origin while respecting the environment, seasonality, the rhythms of nature and, above all, the unicity of the vines. For this reason, since 2013, the estate has chosen to cultivate all the vineyards following the rules of organic cultivation.