Enfield Wine Co.
Enfield Wine Co. is the family project of John Lockwood and Amy Seese, with a focus on producing wines of personality. They do not subscribe to the ideal of the perfect wine, but to the notion that the very best wines tell a unique story.
Driven by soil first and foremost, Enfield Wine Co. seeks out vineyards that possess a distinct and powerful sense of place – across region, grape variety, and vine age. Working only with small vineyards and independent growers, every step of the process is guided by the intent to maximize this character of terroir. Grapes are harvested for balance and the wines are all given the chance to ferment naturally.
The lineup of wines extends from fresh, mineral driven everyday wines, to quirky “off the beaten path” vineyards and varietals, and age-worthy wines of elegance and power from classic regions of California. Each has its own story to tell.
After surviving a summer job in high school hand-weeding grape vines at a winery in Vermont and studying as an apprentice to a Master Luthier (guitar builder) in Oakland, John Lockwood got his start in the California wine industry in 2004 working up at Heron Lake vineyard with David Mahaffey. He went on to work harvests with Ted Lemon at Littorai, Bodega Melipal in Argentina, and Failla Wines with Ehren Jordan where he worked for 5 years farming and managing the Sonoma Coast and Russian River estate vineyards. He started Enfield Wine Co. in 2010 as small side-project while still working at Failla, and in 2013 took the plunge with Enfield as a full time project.
- 2019 Citrine Chardonnay, California
- 2018 XB 02 Jurassic Park Chenin Blanc
- 2018 Chardonnay, Heron Lake, Wild Horse Valley
- 2019 Chardonnay, Watson Ranch, Napa Valley
- 2018 Chardonnay, Haynes Vineyard, Coombsville Napa Valley
- 2018 Pretty Horses
- 2019 Pinot Noir, Heron Lake, Wild Horse Valley
- 2018 Syrah, Haynes Vineyard, Coombsville Napa Valley
- 2017 Syrah, Haynes Vineyard, Coombsville Napa Valley
- 2014 Syrah, Haynes Vineyard, Coombsville Napa Valley
- 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon, North Coast
- 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon, Waterhorse Ridge
- 2016 Cabernet, Waterhorse Ridge
- 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon, Hennessey Ridge, Napa Valley