Domaine des Rouges Queues
Isabelle and Jean-Yves Vantey founded their small winery in Sampigny-Lès-Maranges in 1998 with one hectare of Maranges vineyards. They began adding parcels of other vineyards to form an estate which today encompasses 5.6 hectares spread over 10 appellations. Their farming practices are both organic and biodynamic and minimal sulfur is used in the wine making process, with the goal being to use just enough to preserve the natural fruit and terroir complexity brought from a healthy harvest of ripe grapes.
Their vineyards are plowed in the springtime and then hoed by hand during the growing season for weed control. The premier cru and white wine vineyards are plowed by horse to avoid compacting the soil. Hand-harvesting is the rule by a group of faithful friends and pickers that return almost every year. Reds are partially de-stemmed with the percentage dependent on the health of the harvest. Only wild indigenous yeasts are used and maceration times for the red wines tend to be 12-14 days.
- 2017 Celsius Gamay
- 2018 Hautes Côtes de Beaune
- 2018 Maranges, En Buliet
- 2017 Maranges, Vigne Blanche
- 2017 Maranges, Vigne Blanche (1 x 1.5L)
- 2018 Santenay
- 2018 Maranges, 1er Cru, La Fussière
- 2017 Maranges, 1er Cru, La Fussière (1 x 1.5L)
- 2016 Maranges, 1er Cru, Clos Roussots (6 x 750ml)
- 2017 Maranges, 1er Cru, Clos Roussots
- 2018 Maranges, 1er Cru, Clos Roussots
- 2017 Maranges, 1er Cru, Clos Roussots (1 x 1.5L)