Founded in 1869, this family-run estate, like most during that time, was originally structured on a poly-culture model; vines, grain and livestock. It gradually evolved to producing only grapes and wine over the last 50 years and is now run by Jean-Marie (father) and Damien (son) Courbet. The estate now comprises 7.5 hectares of vineyards. Half are located on the slopes directly below the famous village of Château-Chalon which is arguably the greatest appellation of the region. The balance of the vineyards are located nearby in the communes of Domblans and Menétru.
Savagnin is grown in marnes soils (blue, gray, and red) while the Chardonnay can be found in clay-limestone soils. The reds, Poulsard, Trousseau, and Pinot Noir, are grown in light marne soils with some limestone. Pruning is very short and the vineyards are plowed regularly. Since 2005, the Courbets have been farming biodynamically and the estate is currently in transition to organic certification. All harvests are manual and only indigenous yeasts are used. Minimal use of sulfur dioxide is used and the doses range from 20-30ppm.
- 2017 Blanc Tradition, Côtes du Jura
- 2016 Blanc Tradition, Côtes du Jura
- 2018 Chardonnay de la Vallée, Côtes du Jura
- 2017 Chardonnay de la Vallée, Côtes du Jura
- 2018 Chardonnay, Les Rondos, Côtes du Jura
- 2017 Chardonnay, Les Rondos, Côtes du Jura
- 2018 Savagnin, L'Origine, Côtes du Jura
- 2016 Savagnin, L'Origine, Côtes du Jura
- 2017 Savagnin sous voile, Côtes du Jura
- 2015 Savagnin sous voile, Côtes du Jura
- 2014 Savagnin sous voile, Côtes du Jura
- 2013 Château Chalon, Vin Jaune (6 x 620ml)