Arnot-Roberts (Northern California only)
Over the years, we’ve been asked what it would take to begin selling California wine and our response has always been that they would have to fit in stylistically with our European imports and we would have to like the people and wines. In 2010 these criteria finally fell into place and our partnership with Arnot-Roberts began. We are delighted to sell their wines in Northern California.
Arnot-Roberts was Founded in 2001 in Healdsburg, CA by childhood friends, Duncan Arnot Meyers and Nathan Lee Roberts. The focus of this two person operation is on small lot, single vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Chardonnay, as well as several other varieties uncommon in Northern Californian vineyards. Sites are carefully chosen and are generally on the cooler end of the spectrum for the planted varieties. Collaboration with dedicated and passionate growers is paramount in the farming of these sites.
Duncan and Nathan grew up around winemaking in the Napa Valley. Nathan is a second generation cooper and personally builds all of the French oak barrels that are utilized in the ageing of all Arnot-Roberts wines. Over the years Duncan has worked making wine in the Napa Valley in wineries like, Caymus, Groth, Acacia, Kongsgaard.
Total production of Arnot-Roberts is around 2,000 cases per year with thirteen individual wines. Both primary and secondary fermentations are carried out utilizing native yeast. For the Syrahs whole clusters are retained during primary fermentation before being basket pressed to French oak barrels. For the Cabernets, hillside sites of intense character are chosen, small amounts of whole clusters are retained during primary fermentation and the wines are aged for two years in varying amounts of new French oak cooperage, selected and toasted to meld with the vintage at hand. White wines are whole cluster pressed and stainless steel fermented with native yeast, then aged in neutral French oak barrels.
For more information, please see: www.arnotroberts.com
- 2019 Chardonnay, Watson Ranch, Napa Valley
- 2018 Chardonnay, Trout Gulch, Santa Cruz Mountains
- 2018 Old Vine White, Sonoma, Heinstein Vineyard (6 x 750ml)
- 2018 Chardonnay, Sanford & Benedict Vineyard (6 x 750ml)
- 2018 Ribolla Gialla, Vare Vineyard (6 x 750ml)
- 2019 Gamay Noir, El Dorado
- 2019 Trousseau, North Coast
- 2019 Syrah, Sonoma Coast
- 2018 Syrah, Sonoma Coast, Clary Ranch Vineyard
- 2018 Pinot Noir, Santa Cruz, Legan
- 2018 Pinot Noir, Peter Martin Ray Vineyard, Santa Cruz Mts (6 x 750ml)
- 2018 Syrah, Sonoma Coast, Que Syrah Vineyard (6 x 750ml)
- 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon, Sonoma County, Montecillo (6 x 750ml)
- 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon, Sonoma County, Clageux Vineyard (6 x 750ml)
- 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon, Santa Cruz Mountains, Fellom Ranch (6 x 750ml)